Monday, August 28, 2006

first day of first posting of first semester of first year.

First day of first posting of first semester of first year.

did you feel my heart thumped real fast as i walked into Ward 9c?
the nurses were,surprisingly,warm.(not that i thought of them as evil witches who eat kids.)
but i heard stories of staff nurses DOMINATING and abusing their authority on the newbies.

wells.
humans have their compassionate nature after all.
;D
i was allocated to the NEURO-problems ward.patients in my cubicle,develop diseases that affect their nervous system,nerves.
its a pitiful sight,but well.we are here to do as much as we can,for them.=)

lil did i realise how busy it'll get in the wards.
as care plans were discussed,medication were given,babying-talk(yea.HAHA.)the stubborn ah peks to be good,serving of food,transferring of patients,documenting of TPRs..
i was surprised i didnt get any blisters or whatever feet shit after standing the whole day.
but im feeling a lil under the weather.
must be the sudden need to adapt to the bacteria-ed ward with all the sneezing and bed linen.
must get well soon,and get used to the environment.

the deepest impression i have for my particular cubicle is this particular AH PEK who CLIMBED out of the cord sides,pulled down his pants,and shit & urinated on the floor beside his bed like nobody's business.
not that bad?
the worst of all?
and he does it every 20mins.
get that picture?
imagine the staff nurse and cleaner aunt having to yell and baby-talked him while he put on an innocent face.
seriously,my psychic powers fail me this time.
i feel really sorry for him,thinking that he might not actually know what he's doing,but something just tells me he desperately wants attention,from anyone.
or maybe he wants to get out of hospital asap,so he's trying to anger everybody?
you tell me?

but wells.it was really an eyeopener,getting behind the curtains and seeing the doctors and nurses do their job,so passionately.
OH!speaking of doctors,i saw 3 real HOT ones today.HAHA.
they remind me of your DOGGY,bibi.=)))
ok.bad sidetracking.
HEHE.
anyway.just to let my group11 hons know,
i got to see how Trochea Shiley Tube was changed(with the sputum all squrting out.eew yes.but all of us are so eeky inside.isnt it A-M-A-Z-I-N-G?)
i changed a diaper(YES I DID!)and yea,justin,the DING DONG.=D
i didnt faint.im strong!
im from NYP KAYAKING TEAM!
whee!(X
in fact.i stared at everything i see today,telling myself,THIS IS NATURE,GEN.
and im certain,i got over my SIGHT-fear.
i'll update you more on my TOUCH-fear.
HAHA.

anyway,go try 7-11's CafeSelect HOT CHOCO.
heavenly!
bought it during break.
MMM*

okay.so.my day ended pleasantly though exhausting.
it was a real FUN experience.
i cant wait for tomorrow,when i can face my cubicle patients,with more confidence and PROFESSIONALISM.
=D
GEN=PASSIONATE=PROFESSIONALISM=RESPECT.
i might not be ALL of it now,im taking my BIG STEPS and sprinting all the way!
you shall see.














*putting on my uniform and looking like the BEST nurse there ever was.*


if it makes you happy,go all out to do it.
seeing you happy,im so sure of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home